2023-2024 Course Selection
Course Selection Opens – Tuesday, January 17th
On Tuesday, January 17th, the online course selection process will open for all returning students (Grade 9 – Grade 11) at 8:00 a.m. Students and parents will have a two-week window to select core and elective courses for the upcoming school year. The window to complete course selection will close on Sunday, January 29th at 11:59 p.m.
Beginning on Monday, January 30th, school counselors will begin meeting with students to review core and elective courses selected to make sure it aligns with the student’s 4-year plan and post-secondary plans. Please refer to the full schedule on the next page.
We strongly encourage that the courses selected will present the appropriate academic challenge and rigor while preparing them for their post-secondary pursuits upon attaining a T.F. South diploma.
School counselors will meet individually with each student after the course selection window closes to review their selections and address any questions or concerns.
Instructions & Supplemental Materials for Course Selection
Students and parents will log-in to the PowerSchool Parent Portal with current username and password. Then, click on the Course Selection icon. At this point, both student and parent will select the appropriate courses for the 2023-2024 school year. Take a time to review the Curriculum Guide to understand the nature and rigor of course options. Also, utilize the recommendations in each section to guide your selection of courses.
Important Notes for Course Selection
- Have a conversation with your student regarding course selection
- Students must register during 2-week course selection window
- Students who do not register during course selection will have their schedules auto-populated for the 2023-2024 school year
- Log into Power School account (parent or student)
- Click on the BACKPACK icon to begin course selection
- Select core courses (English, Mathematics, Science, Social Studies)
- Next, select elective choices
- A student should have 6 total credits selected for the 2023–2024 school year
- School counselors will be available during the school day via email or phone for minor scheduling questions. School counselors will meet individually with each student after the course selection window closes to review their selections and address any questions or concerns.
Mr. Johnson, A – Cof
Mrs. Burk, Cog - Gre
Mr. Majewski, Gri - Lee
Mrs. Shama. Lef - Os
Ms. James, Ot – Sm
Mrs. Anderson-Murray, Sn - Z