Dear T.F. South Students and Families,
The final exam schedule for first semester has been released. You may view it by clicking here.
TF South offers a variety of academic support options for all students, up to and including those enrolled in AP classes. The full list of services is as follows:
Homework Center (After School)
- Tuesdays and Thursdays 3:30 -4:30 in the Library. Students can participate as needed, no pass required.
- One math teacher, one AP English teacher, and one teacher for another content area both days. Special education teacher is available on Tuesdays.
- Access to computers if needed.
- 4:30 activity bus available for transportation home.
Homework Recovery for Freshmen (Before and After School)
- Freshmen only.
- Take advantage of extended library hours Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays from 3:30 to 4:30 in the Gold Lab of the library or morning hours at 7:30 am daily.
- Students are able to complete missing assignments that will be validated with a stamp from Ms. Meyers (librarian) or Ms. Carreno (library aid). Students must stay the entire hour to receive the stamp.
- Turn in homework to your teacher for full credit. Some assignments may be excluded, see individual teacher for details.
Extended Library Hours (Before/After School and During Lunch hours)
- Begins every morning at 7:30 am. Requires a pass from a teacher if you want to exit the cafeteria. Otherwise, enter door E1 and let Ms. Wengren at the visitor desk know you are here for morning library hours.
- Available Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays until 4:30.
- Available during lunch hours with a pass from the classroom teacher (space permitting)
- Access to computers available. Get help on college applications or job applications. Check out books. Homework recovery for freshmen. Explore AP resources available. Participate in an AP study group.
Math Study Center (During 4th, 5th, and 6th lunch hours)
- Available Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays during the second half of 4th (12:00), 5th (1:00), and 6th (2:00) hour lunches for any math student
- Get a pass from your math teacher and it will indicate the room on the pass
Writing Lab Center (During 4th and 6th lunch hours)
- Get help on any extended writing assignment in any English class.
- Available to 4th hour lunch students Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays
- Available to 6th hour lunch students Tuesdays and Thursdays
- Get a pass from your English teacher. Report to room 250.
AP Supports (Before/After School and Saturdays)
- Attend an AP study group with your peers to assist one another. We will provide a space at school and adult supervision. *Note: This is not tutoring from a teacher. Available in the library every morning at 7:30 am or after school from 3:30-4:30 pm Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays. Available in the library on Wednesday early dismissal days from 2:00 pm-3:30 pm. Available on Saturdays September 28th-December 14th (except for 10-12; 11-9; and 11-30). Begins at 9 am. You are welcome to stay until noon if needed. Enter Door E1.
- Get assistance in AP English Language or AP literature in the homework center on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3:30-4:30 pm
- Discuss with your teacher other available built-in supports based on their availability.
Khan Academy (Available at any time or place that you have Internet Access)
- Free web based tutoring at www.khanacademy.org
- Video tutorials for all subjects.
- Free SAT prep.
Individual Teacher Meetings (Before and After School *Subject to availability of teacher)
- Teachers might offer before or after school assistance if they are available for help during those hours.
- Must get pass for one on one assistance from teacher in the morning.
We want to see all students achieve what they set out to do. Remember Rebels, integrity, pride, dedication, and hard work are the keys to success.
Main Office: (708) 585-2000
Main Office Staff
Mr. Jake Gourley - Principal
Mrs. Becky Szuba - Assistant Principal of Instruction
Nicole Moore - Administrative Asst.
Celeste Wiggins - Administrative Asst.