District 215 is currently monitoring the news and advisories concerning the coronavirus illness. The IDPH and CCDPH routinely monitor and investigate disease transmission and response, which is the case with this new virus.
You can help! Please remind your family members to practice these daily healthy habits:
- Your student should stay home if he/she is sick until at least 24 hours after there is no longer a fever or signs of a fever (without the use of fever‐reducing medications).
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue. Throw the tissue away after use and wash your hands.
- Wash hands with soap and water, for at least 20‐seconds or use hand sanitizer, that contains at least 60% alcohol, when soap and water is not available.
- Stay home if you have been exposed to a family or household member who is sick.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a mask or cloth if you are sick and around people or at a mass gathering in a community.
- Please consult your healthcare provider if you have a concern for yourself or a family member showing symptoms of illness.
- Consult advisories when preparing to travel outside of the country, particularly to already impacted areas.
For more information on the coronavirus, please use the following links to the Cook County Department of Public Health, the Illinois Department of Public Health, and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Coronavirus information: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html