Dear Parents and Guardians:
Parent-Teacher Conferences are right around the corner. They will take place on Thursday, February 16. There will be two sessions. The first from 2:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. and the second from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. We sincerely hope to see you all there as we work together to ensure that your student is on track in his/her classes. Communication is essential, and the earlier - the better for your child, so if you cannot make one of the two sessions on February 16, please contact your student's teachers via email or by scheduling an appointment through the Guidance Office. Thank you in advance for partnering with us as we work our hardest to help every student succeed to his/her greatest potential. (There are no classes this day.)
We are continuing to strive for excellence in education by offering your child a quality education that they desire. Meeting these expectations requires the help of parents, teachers, and students. Thank you for all that you do to assist your child.
As the semester continues, we have a number of other events for our parents and students.
Some upcoming events to remember are:
- Parent-Teacher Conferences (No Classes) - February 16
- No School - February 17
- Presidents' Day (No School) - February 20
- Black History Month Spirit Week
- Favorite Musician/Artist - February 21
- Old School Hip Hop Day - February 22
- Favorite TV Show/Movie - February 23
- Purple & Gold Spirit Day - February 24
- Famous Black Leader - February 27
- Black History Month T-shirts Sold - February 28
- Indoor Tailgate @ Last Boys Home Basketball Game - February 21
- Puttin' on the Hits Talent Show - February 24
- 8th Grade Open House - February 25
- African-American Authors Read-in - February 27
- Black History Month Assembly - February 28
Even more events as well as additional details about the above can be found by viewing the Calendar of Events to the right.
And if you haven’t done so already, please download the District 215 app to receive event reminders and updates.
Remember, together we can make a difference.
All the best,
In the Spotlight
News and Upcoming Events
Calendar of Events
|‹ February 2017 ›|
Friday, May 12th from 6:00 p.m. -10:30 p.m.
Tuesday, February 28 during 6th period in the Auditorium
Saturday, February 25 @ 9:00 AM
Monday, February 27 from 3:45 - 5:00 PM
Tuesday, February 21 from 4:00-6:30 PM
During lunches and after school
Text @TFNCCC to 81010 to receive Culture & Climate Committee's event information.