Parents and Guardians:
As the school year ends we want to wish you all a safe and enjoyable summer! Throughout the summer we have a number of activities and camps taking place. Please check our calender for more information.
The first day of classes for all students is August 20th. Book pick-up starts on August 6th for Freshman students and August 7,8, and 9 for all other students. Doors will open at 1:00 pm and close at 6:00 pm on all days.
If you are a new student, welcome to T. F. North. You are entering a special place rich with a tradition of success. Much is expected of you, so get prepared to work hard, be respectful, and take responsibility for your actions. For those of you who are returning to North next year, we are equally glad to have you back and we have high expectations of each of you as well.
All new students should enroll at the District Office at 18601 S. Torrence in Lansing. Parents must have the following documents: proof of residency, student's birth certificate, guardianship papers if the surnames are different, eighth grade diploma, Illinois State Transfer form and unofficial transcript, and the current health form. If you know of or have a potential student, please enroll him/her early and bypass the long enrollment lines in the fall.
Finally, as I have stated on a number of occasions, we desperately need your assistance as we provide a quality education for your student. Sometimes one phone call can go a long way in providing support. We are very proud of all our students and wish them a safe and enjoyable summer.
We are all in this together.
Dwayne E. Evans, Ed.D.
In the Spotlight
News and Upcoming Events
ATTENTION CLASS of 2019!
- Prestige Portraits will be photographing senior portraits at Thornton Fractional North High School on August 27th – 31st
- Look for your senior portrait letter in the mail by mid-July
- Each upcoming senior will be given an appointment date and time in their letter
- The summer photos are for your yearbook photos as well as your personal senior portraits.
- Questions: Contact Prestige Portraits at (630) 910-6800 option 5
- You MUST be photographed by Prestige Portraits to be included in the yearbook
Saturday, September 29, 2018 from 9:00 AM - 2:00 PM
It's BACK for its second run! Battle of the Books is a bracket-style tournament that matches books in one-on-one “games.” Read this summer and fall. Vote in March. Win prizes and gift cards in April! How it works:
- Fill out a bracket predicting which books will be T.F. North favorites, and check your status online each round.
- Vote for your favorites during the month of March, 2019.
- Win prizes for choosing the winning books!
Sunday, September 23 @ TF North
Studies show that young women who play sports do better in school, have better social interactions, and learn lifelong skills. The SWAG run will help us raise funds to support our female athletes. The funds will be used to purchase equipment, update uniforms, and offset tournament and travel costs, just to name a few.