Dear District 215 Community Members,
We know it is hard to find the time to volunteer with busy work schedules, sports, helping your child with homework, and giving out general good advice. But, studies show volunteering at your child’s school is one of the things your child will never forget. It is also a very important factor in their self-esteem.
You are a unique family and have many talents to share. That is why we have provided plenty of different opportunities for volunteering in Thornton Fractional High School District 215 schools. We are flexible on times, too. We do not want your participation to be a burden, we want it to be a truly enjoyable bonding experience that both parent and child will always remember. You can make a difference in the life of your school as well.
The time children are in our schools goes by like a roller coaster ride. It can leave you wishing you had done more. Capture your children’s school years in real time. By volunteering, you’ll provide your expertise and have memories that no other experience can match.
In District 215 High Schools, the following opportunities are available.
- Chaperone field trips, dances and activities
- Help children by reviewing skills, and concepts taught
- Teach a craft or hobby, talk about your occupation, share cultural and ethnic background and experiences
- Bilingual parents aid in bilingual programs
- Help with clerical needs in the school office
- Join your school’s Parent Association
For more information on volunteering, contact your school parent liaisons at 708.585.7027, TFN or 708-805-8986, TFS.
Yours in education.
Dr. Creg E. Williams, Ed.D.
Sign up for our weekly e-newsletter here.