The Pupil Personnel Services Department supports the students of District 215 and the philosophy of the district and its mission.
District 215 Statement of Commitment
District 215 is committed to providing a safe, collaborative and dynamic learning community that challenges and empowers our students to maximize their potential as global citizens.
The Pupil Personnel Service Department (PPS) will provide equitable access to all students in an effort to maximize academic achievement, foster social/emotional growth, and attainment of post-secondary aspirations. In addition, all members of the PPS Department will advocate, collaborate, and develop positive, working relationships with families, staff, and community partners to mold our students into successful life-long learners.
Through a partnership with parents, educators, and community stakeholders, school counselors will guide and support our scholars through an academically rich educational experience that will develop critical-thinkers and problem-solvers who will lead, engage, empower, advocate, and contribute to the betterment of society, while demonstrating resilience as citizens of the local and global community.
- Ensure that all students shall have equal access to all services (academic, social/emotional, and college/career) regardless of ability, gender, race, ethnicity, or sexual-orientation
- Uphold that all students are unique and have the ability to succeed
- Consider ethnic, cultural, and racial differences in special-needs and implementing a schoolwide program
- Meet, develop, and support students’ developmental needs through interventions, enrichment, and support
- Consider and respect students’ cultural values through the advisement process
- Utilize data to develop an effective counseling program to meet the needs of all students
- Ascribe to the American School Counselor Association Ethical Standards
- Build positive and professional relationships
- Foster student achievement
- Demonstrate consistency
- Lead with integrity
- Advocate for all students and parents
- Establish trust
- Hold high standards and expectations for all students
- Conduct counseling practices in an authentic and professional manner.
- Educate the school community of the purpose of counseling services
- Contribute to students’ ultimate success in collaborative initiatives with PPS Department
- Develop positive, working relationships with community stakeholders to promote academic success, personal growth, and opportunity
- Collaborate with all stakeholders to continue to increase equity and access to opportunity
- Assist all constituents with the understanding of the scope of counseling process and goal
- Assist students with gaining knowledge to be self-sufficient in their future
Pupil Personnel Services Staff
Mrs. Dawn L. Walker, Assistant Principal of Pupil Personnel Services
Ms. Raeshanda Payne, Administrative Assistant
Mrs. Tameka Fowler, School Counselor
Mrs. Kimberly Donaghue, Social Worker
Ms. Shonte Truitt, Social Worker
Ms. Kristi Smith, Health Aide