AP Psychology Summer Work
AP Psychology: Information & Summer Project
- Mrs. Bivins
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Follow @Mrs_Biv on Twitter for updates
- Turnitin Class ID: 21310552 / Enrollment Key: bivins
- Remind: Text @bivapsych to 81010
- Google Classroom Class Code: sioc1zl
Congratulations on your course selection of Advanced Placement Psychology. You have made a wise yet demanding choice. You will have the opportunity to find out what makes people tick and have a better understanding of yourself as well. I have high expectations for this class and demand students who are willing to put in the required effort necessary to succeed. My goal is for every student enrolled in the class to take the AP Exam in May, giving you the chance to earn college credit. That requires dedication, enthusiasm, and hard work on both our parts.
AP Psychology is a year-long course comprised of fourteen extensive units which will introduce you to the systematic and scientific study of human behavior and mental processes. The ultimate goal of this course is for you to perform well on the AP Psychology Exam administered by the College Board of Review. Therefore, it is the expectation that all students will be taking the AP Exam in May to earn college credit.
Topics we will study include:
- Introduction, History and Methodology
- Research Methods
- Biological Bases of Behavior
- Sensation and Perception
- States of Consciousness
- Cognition (Memory, Thinking, Problem Solving, Creativity and Language)
- Motivation and Emotion; Stress & Health
- Developmental Psychology
- Testing & Individual Differences
- Abnormal Psychology
- Treatment of Psychological Disorders
- Social Psychology
Here is what you can expect in this course…
- A lot of independent reading from the text and selected primary sources
- A great deal of class discussion, lecture, and interactive demonstrations/labs
- Practice tests that will prepare you for the May exam
- Projects (group and individual) that will help you apply course material
- Quizzes & Exams. You will find these very helpful when it comes to how well you are taking your notes. If you don’t read, and re-read, you will not do well on the quizzes/tests
- I promise that I will do MY best to prepare you in the best way I know!
By the end of the year you will be better critical thinkers and will have mastered the content of Introductory Psychology at the college level!
Be sure to contact me with any questions. I advise you to not wait until the last minute to complete this assignment. Frantic emails the day before the assignment is due may not get a response.
Turnitin.com Enrollment Instructions:
If you do not have a turnitin.com account, you must create one. Once you are in you must enroll in a class. Below is class id and enrollment password.
- Class ID: 21310552
- Enrollment Key: bivins
- Enter this number- 81010 Text this message- @bivapsych
Enroll in my Google Classroom. If you do not have a Google Classroom account, see the attached handout for instructions on how to create an account and enroll in my class.
- AP Psychology Class Code – sioc1zl
* Be sure to sign up for all the above platforms to get updated announcements, reminders, and various resources that will be helpful to you.