AP Chemistry 2017 – 2018
Hello and welcome to AP Chemistry. The summer assignments will cover chapters 1 – 3 in your textbook. All the topics covered in these three chapters should have been covered in last year’s chemistry class. There will be very little time spent on these topics as it will be expected that you know them prior to the start of class. I do check emails over the summer, so feel free to email me at my school email address email@example.com should you have questions. This is a lot of work, so please do not wait until the week prior to school starting to begin your studies! Instead, take one to two hours a day and work through the reading and homework at a nice pace. Books are available for pick up beginning Monday June 4th.
Read Chapter 1 of the text book, complete the following assignment:
- End of Chapter 1-19 all, 19 – 92 odds only
- AP multiple choice questions 1-10
Read Chapter 2 of the text book, complete the following assignment:
- End of Chapter 1-10 all, 19 – 92 odds only
- AP multiple choice questions 1-17
Read Chapter 3 of the text book, complete the following assignment:
- End of Chapter 25- 133 odd only
- AP multiple choice questions 1 - 20
Syllabus Week 1
- Day 1 - First day of School. Students will review lab safety, instrumentation and glassware identification.
- Day 2 - Chapter 1 & 2 test. Chapter assignments are due
- Day 3 - Nomenclature and stoichiometry
- Day 4 - Nomenclature Test
- Day 5 - Chapter 3 test
Note: For nomenclature, there are no help sheets…you must have the polyatomics ions memorized. You must also be able to write formulas and balance equations.
On the school Moodle page, there will be YouTube lectures from the assigned chapters and other suggested PowerPoints and web pages that can help you prepare for the first week of school. You will have access to the Moodle page on June 4th.
Textbooks can be picked up on Monday, June 4th.