Welcome to AP Chemistry. Your assignments for the summer require the use of the textbook. If you have not yet received your textbook, you will recieve it the week before school begins at Registration and Book Pick-Up.
- Read Chapter 1 of the textbook, complete the following assignment:
End of Chapter 4, 5, 6, 8, 17,19, 20, 21, 24, 25-71 odd number problemss only
- Read Chapter 2 of the textbook, complete the following assignment:
End of Chapter 1-24 all, 31-81 odds only
- Read Chapter 3 of the textbook, complete the following assignment:
End of Chapter 1-26 all, 27 – 123 odds only
Be prepared for the first week of school, beginning on August 21, 2017.
Syllabus Week 1
- Monday, August 21 - First day of School. Students will review lab safety, instrumentation and glassware identification.
- Tuesday, August 22 – Chapter 1 & 2 test. Chapter assignments are due (see above). These chapters are review topics from last year.
- Wednesday, August 23 – Nomenclature and stoichiometry
- Thursday, August 24 – Nomenclature Test
- Friday, August 25 - Chapter 3 test
Note: For nomenclature, there are no help sheets…you must have the polyatomics ions memorized. You must also be able to write formulas and balance equations.