Dual Credit Opportunities In the Business Department
WHAT IS DUAL CREDIT?
Dual Credit is an opportunity for your student to earn college credit for successfully completing a course at their high school. Currently, District 215 has dual credit agreements with South Suburban College and Moraine Valley Community College for the following Career and Technical Education courses:
· Business Writing and Technical Concepts · Microsoft Office Technology
· Automotive Technology II · Building Construction II
· Computer Aided Drafting I · Computer Aided Design II
· Engineering II · Radio/Television Production II
· Introduction to Health Occupations · Child Care Practicum
· Culinary Arts II
In order to earn the dual credit your student must complete the paperwork and return it to their high school teacher by the date requested and the student must complete the high school course with an “A” or “B”.
ADVANTAGE OF TAKING A DUAL CREDIT COURSE:
A typical 3 credit hour course at SSC would cost about $350.00. By participating in our college credit program the college credit earned is FREE! In order to qualify, you must complete the college credit application and earn an ‘A or B’ in that course. This will establish a college transcript showing your earned college credit that is transferable to other colleges and universities.
Ask your guidance counselor for additional information regarding Dual Credit.